Omni Nano’s Recent Impact in STEM Education
During the first half of 2016, we have:
- Partnered with UCLA to offer a nanotechnology course through their extension program, starting in the fall 2016 (first day of class: Mon, Sept 19th).
- Presented more and more of our Discover Nanotechnology workshops, for a total of 145 workshops in 66 different institutions, inspiring over 5,000 students and attendees. Thank you so much to our sponsors for supporting STEM education!
A representative quote from a high school student: “I’m all about helping the world and if nanotechnology can let me do that, then I’m ready.”
- Provided the curriculum to pilot several nanotechnology classes. While in beta version, the curriculum was used in a consortium of 22 school districts in Western NY, at the State University of NY, and at Laurel Springs School (the first online school in the US).
- Participated at exclusive Family Office events: Spoke at Lido’s Beverly Hills Family Office Directors Association Luncheon Exhibited/spoke at Lido’s 11th Annual Family Office Investment Symposium Attended the Global Family Office Symposium
- Nominated for the Nonprofit Leadership Excellence Award by the Los Angeles Business Journal for the second year in a row.
- Participated at key events in the nanotech community: National Nanotechnology Initiative (NNI)’s Strategic Planning Stakeholder Workshop (Washington, DC); NanoBusiness Commercialization Association (NanoBCA)’s 15th Annual Conference (New York City, NY); and Tech Connect’s World Innovation Conference and Expo (National Harbor, MD).
Our Corporate Sponsors:
Special thanks to Utratech International for providing those super-hydrophobic samples. These are always a big hit among students.